sole parental custody

POSTED BY HarryCo (4 yrs ago)
Hi there,

I am looking into the question how to obtain sole custody for my illegitimate child which will be delivered by a Hong Kong person, I am not married to and don't want to be.

I am wonderinge, whether it is allowed under HK law to make a voluntary and legally binding (private or notified to a court or authority) agreement between me and her that is granting sole parental custody/guardianship to me and allows me to take the kid overseas?

It would be great to get any kind of help.

#1 POSTED BY tommytommy (4 yrs ago)
Hi Harry,

What a situation. The only advice I can think of giving is to seek out a professional. Famiy lawyer perhaps? Best of luck.
#2 POSTED BY tedlem (3 yrs ago)
I can only see this for the mom. If it is for the dad, there would be a mom during delivery. For the mom, you can say that you don't know who the father is during delivery and not write a father's name in the birth certificate.
#3 POSTED BY UK1971 (12 mths ago)
he can go to the courts after the childs birth is registered. You have to make a legal pledge in front of 2 Government officails stating the Father is unknown. As this is not the case the father can take the woman to court and I presume one of her charges would be cotempt have proved she lied in an affidivdt!

Back to main category

You must be logged in to be able to reply. Login now.