business environment in hk

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by janae13 14 yrs ago
hey from my understanding (maybe i have not experience enough of hongkong), hong kong is a good place for business because:

1. low tax

2. good infrastructure, law and stability

3. good financial foundation

4. proximity to china

5. free trade policy

however the disadvantages are:

1. too competitive

2. saturated market

3. high property prices and expenses

can anyone offer anymore insights?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cookie09 14 yrs ago
in the domestic market too competitive is not true. quite some sectors are very uncompetitive due to collusion between dominant market players (linked to tycoons)

janae13 14 yrs ago
thanks. @cookie09 seems like it is either highly competitive or collusion of big players which will lead to high entry barriers to the market. either way the market opportunities in hong kong are pretty much low right? (as compared to china which has huge market potential)

wildhogs 14 yrs ago
people are always looking for the most cost-effective solutions. could be advantageous for a small start up.

_sally 14 yrs ago
it might be advantageous for a small start up, but it might not retain its standing in the market in the Long Run because the market is extremely saturated and there are too many large players in the field

ericdupe 14 yrs ago
Despite the high cost of office rent, you may find cheaper alternatives, even in Central: www.businessaccess.biz

janae13 14 yrs ago
thanks all.. im quite interested about knowing about the opportunities in hk if anyone has an idea..

young_young 14 yrs ago
I am a local Hong Kong people, I have a unique business idea related to beauty & cosmetic industry, it provides a larger development space in Hong Kong and all over the world, please pm me for details.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad