MPF investment worries...

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by gibbon 12 yrs ago
Given the current fundamentals of the global economy and the events of the last 5 years (fiscal stimulus, inflation, unserviceable debt...), the doomsday scenario of a complete dollar collapse seems a very real possibility.

Given the likelihood of a run on US treasuries I can see gold becoming the world trading standard (as it always should have been!) Looking at my Invesco MPF portfolio I can't seem to find a single fund that contains either precious metals or mining stocks ...

The HKD peg to the USD is a particular concern as a run on US bonds would have an almost immediate impact on HK bonds, equities and currency.

I've been pretty bullish when it comes to the global economy in general, but the numbers simply don't add up any longer - economic principles apply no matter how big you are. The last 12 months has seen significant moves by emerging markets to prepare for a post-dollar economy - bilateral currency trade agreements, moves away from US debt, capital banks investing in gold ...

It looks bad and I would feel much better knowing that my MPF was hedged in commodities of real value.

Does anyone know an MPF which would have a portfolio similar to what I'm looking for?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 12 yrs ago
Great question... I had enquired re: investing into the Trakker fund to avoid 'management' fees... I can't recall the result - will try to follow up on this and post. I would also be interested to know if it is possible to actively manage invested cash without a 'professional' manager...

I very much agree with your analysis of the overall economic situation and I think it is a good idea to have some sort of hedge in place...

I just arrived in Athens to see for myself what is happening here ... unemployment is worsening in the EU... and most countries are headed into recession... so Greece could be a harbinger of what is to come ...

(I am also planning to slay the Minotaur while here...)

cookie09 12 yrs ago
US is a good pick. all economic fundamentals are picking up over there.

so you might be right in your analysis long term, but in the short term you would be very off

imho

awyc333 12 yrs ago
depend on how old u r at the moment.....also, those commodities fund are not available in MPF! Most of MPF funds are equity & bond fund.. As for Invesco, well, not much u can chose ..... however, there are service provider offer more variety of equity % money market fund

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad