Are these people charging too much?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Rainbow22 12 yrs ago
Hi there

My husband and I recently created a limited company. As we both have a full-time job, we thought it would be a great idea to hire somebody to do the paper work for us.

Thing is, we just received another $5000 bill regarding a company secretary that we haven't asked for, despite paying $10 000 to form the company two months ago.

It already is a foreign language to me as I am not an English speaker, but all this business lingo is making me lose my mind. Do we really need a company secretary? it's a small business and we do not intend to have any other shareholders, etc. + this secretary doesn't even deal with taxes!

Thanks for your help.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Mog77 12 yrs ago
You can be the director and owner of the business for example and your husband can be the secretary. You do not have to pay someone to be a secretary. HK is making it much easier to manage this stuff yourself with online business registration (I set my own company this way). Also when you do need help I must say they are helpful at the company registry in Admiralty.

You are responsible for meeting the Companies Ordinance, but in all honesty it is pretty straight forward. Once you have read it you will see that yes there is some paper work annually or if you make changes to directors etc, but if your just starting out it might be better to take control.

If you are paying your "secretary" to use their address then maybe the charges are warranted. Even so if you want to change the mailing address to you home or place of business a quick visit to Admiralty and you will be sorted!

It is however, up to you.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad