EU doing business & living in HK

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Pudding-delight 11 yrs ago
Hi everyone,

I am currently doing business in the UK, as a sole trader, and I am hoping that by mid next year I'll be able to set up a company in HK.

The thing is, I know it's not that easy peasy to get a visa to stay in HK, so what's the best option I have according to you, or perhaps your experience?

I was told that somehow my business would have to be viable and be set up for sometime for me to be able to settle in HK, how true is this?

Any other info's welcome.

Thanks.

Pudding Delight.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
directcpahk 11 yrs ago
Hi, you can refer to below webpage for visa details of establishing business in Hong Kong:

http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/hk-visas/investment/guidebook.html

One reminder is that you have to nominate a local sponsor in Hong Kong who is acquainted with you.

Alternatively, you can set up a limited company in Hong Kong first and thereafter apply for the Work Visa.

Cheers,

Ms Yeung 11 yrs ago
Briefly, there are 2 ways of getting a visa in Hong Kong. (1) Employment based visa - you would need to find an employer to provide you with a reasonable package as well as to be your sponsor. (2) Investment based visa - once you formed a Hong Kong company, you would need to prepare a business plan and a budget model to show that you have already or have an intention to rent a physical office in Hong Kong and to hire local staffs within 12 months after receiving the visa. Of course, you would also need to show that you have the capital to fund your company as well as to maintain a living in Hong Kong. If you need more information, you can visit the following website for more information: www.a-swiss.com.

Pudding-delight 11 yrs ago
Hi directpahk,

Thanks a bunch, these info are truly helpful!

Cheers

Hi Ms Yeung,

Thanks for this thorough answer.

I had a question though, what if I show that all I wanna do is simply keep the same business but want it to be active from HK, would that help somehow?

Ms Yeung 11 yrs ago
Unfortunately, you must obtain a Business Registration Certificate in Hong Kong before you could proceed to apply for an investment based visa. Therefore, you would either need to incorporate a Hong Kong company, register your overseas company under Part XI ... etc. It is unlikely that you will receive an investment based visa if you have no intention to set up a physical office and to hire local staff in Hong Kong.

Alright I see, I'll keep that in mind then.

Thank you for giving me your input!

59808855 11 yrs ago
If you are single then you might find someone who you might fall in love in HK and get married. It is the faster way and save your money and time. :)

Clever thought, and well who knows. :)

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad