Hong Kong Managed Account Setup

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by brianhclo 10 yrs ago
I am looking to setup a managed account business in Hong Kong. My clients will be friends and family and I am looking to use Interactive Brokers' friends and family adviser account.

From my understanding in order to setup an adviser account with IB. You do NOT need registration with any authority if the number of clients is less than 15.

Does anyone know what license (i) the company and (ii) the individual need to obtain in order to conduct such practices in Hong Kong?

Can someone recommend a good (quality and price) consultant who will be able to help setup such structure?

Thanks so much.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
folder 10 yrs ago
I am doing accounting and consulting business in Hong Kong. I might help you. Pls send your requirements to arrowservices@netvigator.com.

Bobby_C 10 yrs ago
If you are managing third party money, you will need to be licensed under the Securities and Futures Ordinance to undertake Type 9 (asset management) activity, unless you are managing money as a principal. If you are only advising on securities, then you need a Type 4 licence. To obtain such licences, you will need to have at least 2 responsible officers.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad