Company Business Registration - renewal

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by cathrynm 9 yrs ago
I have owned my small business for nearly a year, now I have been sent from the accountants the renewal fees for 2015, I would like to reduce these as I don't feel like I really use them much apart from my mail going there which is only a monthly statement from the bank! So I want to know a few things)

After the first year of business can I choose to not use the same accountants anymore? I don't have the renew with them?
Can I have my husband as the company secretary - i am the sole proprietor and director of the business
Can I used my rented accommodation as my registered business address?

Lastly about my domain name - I have also been sent the renewal fees for this. After I set up the domain name I then had all my emails transferred over to another provider, I presume I still have to pay the original company to keep the domain name?

Thanks in advance

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
AndyLee 9 yrs ago
I'm no expert, so you might want to verify my answers

I'm pretty sure you can change to another accountant at any stage.
Your husband should be able to act as your company secretary, but are you really able to handle all the accounting/company ownership stuff without pro help?
You should be able to use your home address, but do you want everyone to know where you live (registered business info are available online)

With your email, some email service providers allows Forward only email accounts. Say Anything to ABC@ACME.com is sent to ACME@hello.com, if that's the case then you don't have to pay for email. But you would definitely have to pay for the domain (www.acme.com)

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
you can change accountant anytime,
you can have any local person as company secretary,
you can use any local address as registered address for business, even your home address..
get your own domain name, it will be cheaper in long run, and it will belong to you in the end, remember domain names gain value as they become old.

send me a PM and i will guide you towards a cheap accountant who is not a bloodsucker like the ones around.

GregYoung 9 yrs ago
Yes, you can change accountants any time you want to change them and yes you can have your husband as your company secretary if he agrees :) Fore more info you can visit http://heinbroconsulting.com

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad