suggestions to keep the cat comfortable in summer

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by dawsonscreek 15 yrs ago
Cats can usually tolerate hotter temperatures than dogs but even so, it's best to keep the temperature comfortable for them as you would do for yourself.

Kepping the air con on is one way, but if your bathroom doesn't get a lot of sun, you can shade it further and wet the shower/bath area before you leave, so your cat can lie on the tiles or porcelain.

Also, make sure you have plenty of fresh water available. It might be good if you can buy a water fountain as these keep the water clean and cool.

Try and get someone to pop in at least once a day. I usually take them to my dad's if I'm gone more than a day.

Alternatively, you could take your cat to a groomer and have it shaved?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
mastermagic 15 yrs ago
Hi,

I have a Persian like cat (actually a Chinchilla - man made cross between a tabby and persian), a Persian and a long haired Mix.

We shave them every summer and at first, they feel naked and weird but over a few days they get used to it.

For us, it means less fur around the house and that they are comfortable.

We also have the Split type airconditioner in our master bedroom and set the thermometer at 23-24 degrees.

We then almost close the door leaving a gap wide enough for them to enter/exit the bedroom. Get 2 door stops and put them on both sides as the door might close on them or open wide.

The gap allows the air to escape the room and usually, they sit just outside the door as then it is not too cold.

If they feel hot, they go inside the room. Animals usually know where they are most comfortable.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad