Good dog trainers?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by frenchfries 16 yrs ago
My pomeranian of 3 years is very well-behaved, until we take her out of the house. She whimpers and barks in the lift going down when taken out for walks. She pulls on the leash a lot, which makes her pant even more. When we need to go out with her with her in the carrier, she would not only make horrendous noise, but would also scratch the bag and attempt to get out of it.

We have tried many different methods to calm her down in these situations, including trying to train her with treats but to no avail.

Are there any good dog trainers out there who is available to spend some time with us and the dog to find the best solution for this?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Devon 16 yrs ago
Attempting to work out what's causing behavioural problems (and how to solve them) is difficult to do here (forums) because a lot of detail needs to be documented, such as how long have you had the dog, what routine is the dog fed under etc. Does your dog HAVE to go in a carrier? Sounds like she hates going in it and is only "champing at the bit" to go for walks. I'll try to send a pm, but not sure how to, so it may take a while!

frenchfries 16 yrs ago
Devon, i do realize that it is very difficult, and that's why i would like the trainer to spend time with us, so that we can show the trainer the dog's behavior in different situations.

Are you a trainer? IF you are, are you available to spend some time with us?

Devon 16 yrs ago
I sent you a PM frenchfries.

Wiz Bang 16 yrs ago
the spca has classes for human and dog. good start

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad