Rabies: How Big a Risk?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Glasgow 16 yrs ago
Was bitten by a terrier which attacked my dogs yday. In Sai Kung. Anyone know the risk of contracting Rabies? Any other general advice? Been to hospital. Cheers.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Connee 16 yrs ago
You probably won't get rabies if the terrier has had up to date vaccinations, (fingers crossed!) but since you've been to hospital, you should be fine.

Ed 16 yrs ago
A friend was bitten by a dog in Boracay recently - the anti-rabies shots are not near as nasty as they once were (just a simply needle these days). Rabies can be fatal so perhaps worth considering the shots.

axptguy38 16 yrs ago
What I think it boils down to is that you should get medical attention and see what the doctor says.

Connee 16 yrs ago
Er... that's exactly what Glasglow did, and since he has been to hospital and hopefully received the necessary treatment, I don't really see why the need was to ask advice on AsiaXpat.

Glasgow 16 yrs ago
Tks for the replies. Reason for asking is that I don't automatically trust advice I get from doctors! That's not cycnical. Just being realistic. Agriculture & Fisheries Dept looking for dog to check to see if it's OK. If they can't find it, originally were talking about a rabies shot but all's gone quiet. Agree that risk of having caught rabies probably low but would you take the risk? Have a 5-day window (apparently) so will chase up tomorrow. Cheers.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad