buying a dog

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by LaurenD 16 yrs ago
We r looking to buy a pedigree british bull dog. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about this. living in Hong Kong

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
D-Man 16 yrs ago
Why would you want to buy a dog when there are so many abandoned ones (pedigrees to) in HK? Check some of the adoptions places like HK Dog Rescue as they may even have a bully.

LaurenD 16 yrs ago
I would buy from the HK rescue, but have had a couple of friends who have had problems with their dogs from there and I would be concerned, maybe I will check out again. Thanks

madxpat 16 yrs ago
Hi there

Can I recommend that if you don't find something at a dog rescue etc then you should do the following.

Speak to a vet about whether the breed is suitable for HK as some dogs such as a BBD can't breathe properly in the humidity. They may suggest not getting one or give u advice on how best to take care of them in this weather.

If they say its fine then DON'T get one from a HK pet shop. You will end up paying a huge price for a so called pure bred then pay heaps more in vet bills. A vet told me to import a dog if I wanted a particular breed, as the dogs in the shops are from puppy farms. Although it may be more expensive to import, in the long run it may save you heaps more in vet bills and heartache.

Hope that helps but definitely speak to a vet first. regards

D-Man 16 yrs ago
I have had bulldogs myself and they need a lot of maintainence in any country. dur to their breeding they are prone to many problems, saying that I would have another one as they are the most loveable dogs.

Petie 16 yrs ago
The SPCA often has bulldogs. People buy them and then abandon them a few months later.

obi1 15 yrs ago
I have a 5 year old English Bulldog called Rosie who I need to find a home for. She is lazy lovable and adores cuddles. perfectly healthey no trouble at all only I am having to move her out of my appartment so left with no choice.

Looking for a loving home for a very sweet very well behaved girl

LaurenD 15 yrs ago
Hi there

Please let me know your number and would love to come and meet Rosie. I am a dog lover and have always had dogs before coming to live in Hong Kong 3 years ago. thanks Lauren

CatherineTromans 15 yrs ago
I have two BB's... I got the little one from the SPCA and I know recently they had some little ones... I often go in there and because they know I love this breed they always tell me when another in... Worth you popping into Wanchai and leaving your number... They do come in more often than you think. I got my older BB from a pet shop and though they are gorgeous in the cages I honestly would never recommend.... I had nothing but heartache for the first three months when he had distemper and soooo many other problems... He's great now, lucky! but it happens a lot, a few days after you take them home they get poorly. Really best to wait until SPCA has one or someone trying to home one... I was in Sai Kung on saturday and saw two ads in SPCA window there for bb's that needed a new home. If you send your number I will text you the contact details later this week when I go past again...

Catherine

byng 14 yrs ago
I love french bull dogs and I am an amateur breeder in Thailand. Unlike many people thought, French Bull Dogs are healthy and easy to take care as long as you follow the rule other than the Vaccination rules. French Bull dogs do not like too much exercise. They shud be feeded timiningly but not over feeded. They are energetic and lovely but they do not like hot temperature and polluted air. As Thailand is always hot during day time, it is vital to provide them plentiful of water, ice water is the best. Let them sleep during the day under shade with very good ventilation. Certainly in HK, air conditioned apartment is what they like most.

For Adults, can feed them once in a day is not a problem. They like water more important than anything.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad