Pet Forwarding to UK

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Glasgow 15 yrs ago
Can anyone recommend a transportation company to ship our pets to the UK? They are all PET passport registered etc. The company we used to bring them over here has gone bust! Tks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
edelg 15 yrs ago
Hey,

I'm moving my dogs to Ireland in July and gone through the microchipping, blood tests etc and I've hired a agent (to help with papers) and am working with Ferndale Kennels...an agent called Stacy has been very helpful. You could also try George at export a pet here in HK too, he's super helpful and may be able to help you. I'm planning on flying into London with Cathay- two small dogs, it's around 6,000/7,000 hkd. Can send you details for people mentioned above if you like. Best of luck with your move.

edelg 15 yrs ago
Hey,

I'm moving my dogs to Ireland in July and gone through the microchipping, blood tests etc and I've hired a agent (to help with papers) and am working with Ferndale Kennels...an agent called Stacy has been very helpful. You could also try George at export a pet here in HK too, he's super helpful and may be able to help you. I'm planning on flying into London with Cathay- two small dogs, it's around 6,000/7,000 hkd. Can send you details for people mentioned above if you like. Best of luck with your move.

Glasgow 15 yrs ago
Tks for your comments Edelg. You're lucky having two small dogs. We've got a cat and two mid-sized dogs. The cheapest quote so far is HK$80k! And the agent's handling fee is only around HK$6k! The airline wants around 50k if I remember correctly. Hope they enjoy the champagne & canapes in business class! The only wheeze I can think of is that the airlines charge by volumetric space so if the cages are minimum sizes (which they need to be) then they'll be quoting off a scale. However, in today's recessionary environment with cargo load factors so low, you'd have thought that they could be a bit kinder since fresh air doesn't use much fuel! Excess luggage is charged by weight, why not pets & their cages? Hardly surprising that dogs/cats are being dumped here big time as expats head home. Anyway off to have a beer so good luck to you too.

KW1 15 yrs ago
We are sending our golden retriever and german shepherd to the UK on Monday. Whole thing around 50k. We are using aeropets on the HK side and Airpets for the UK side.

Comming out 2 years ago we used the same companies but in reverse. very happy with both

Glasgow 15 yrs ago
Tks KW1. How did you measure your dogs? Did Airpets check it out? On the way over our freight forwarder did that so we had no hassle. However, this time we've measured our dogs ourselves using info on the web (rear end to point of nose etc). Am a little concerned that this is not fail safe. Did you use a standard freight size (e.g. large dog) or did you have one made-to-measure?

Bougainville, if you get a PETS passport your dog can escape quarantine. Needs forward planning but not hard to do. Can get your dog signed up & tested today and all he'll need is a rabies booster annually (I think - my wife handles it) to keep him onside. Generally, a good idea to do it ahead of time as most people don't know when they'll be going home and then might not have the time once they do. Check online or get your vet to help (I can only remember bits & pieces).

edelg 15 yrs ago
Hey Glasgow,

Wow that sounds like a huge bill, especially if the dogs are mid sized and one cat. I think my bill is around 20k, including agents fee and I'm even struggling a little with that so you have my empathy. I'll send you details for George at petrelocation.com by PM,though it sounds like you've tonnes of experince since you've done this once already! I think the airlines really cash in on caring pet-owners who just want to get their dogs home in one piece! Anyhow, again, best of luck with the move. ;-)

Glasgow 15 yrs ago
You're right Bougainville. Check out the following link showing countries that you are allowed to ship pets into the UK from under PETS. Chhers. http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/procedures/support-info/other.htm

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad