Dog cat rabbit boarding?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Christelita 15 yrs ago
I have a dog, a cat and a rabbit and I would need boarding or pet-sitting service for them for about 2 weeks in September. SPCA, Ferndale and others seem to accept dogs and cats only. Anybody have an idea for a solution?

The three of them get along so well that I let them roam the house free even when nobody else is at home.

Problem areas are: the dog (12 years, about 27kg) is old and has generalized allergies which cause itchy skin and cannot be controlled completely even with special medicines, shampoos and diet. It's eye-sight is also poor, if there is unexpected obstacles at home, it will bump into them. Because of the age and fragility of the dog, I consider boarding/kennel the last option as frankly not sure it would even survive the stress.

Cat (2 years) is young, healthy and energetic. Also always on the look-out to sneak out of the door so extra care has to be taken to make sure it does not escape.

Rabbit (about 4 years, big at 3.6kg) is the boss of the three. It plays rough with the cat, sometimes rabbit chasing cat, sometimes cat chasing rabbit. The dog knows to give wide berth to the rabbit if bunny "requests" it - must have gotten taste of those rabbit teeth more than once.

Any ideas anybody how to arrange safe and reliable care for my furry kids during my two week trip abroad?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 15 yrs ago
See Ferndale lower centre of this page http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/directory/

Christelita 15 yrs ago
Ed, thanks but did you actually read my message, other than the title...? I wrote "SPCA, Ferndale and others seem to accept dogs and cats only."

KathJen 15 yrs ago
Christelita, I have sent you a personal message.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad