Cheap Vet?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by dizzyhytes 15 yrs ago
HK is so unbelievably expensive for vets especially in the midlevels. Does anyone know a good egnlish speaking vet but one that doesn't charge an arm and a leg? I am happy to go to other parts of HK as I have a car.

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 15 yrs ago
http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/directory/

Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
www.npv.org.hk

It's in Prince Edward. I haven't been there but friends have recommended it - NPV stands for Non Profit Veterinary. I've been told it can get quite booked up.

mad dog 15 yrs ago
NVP stands for I dont realy care about your pet im here to get Experience.

The ARK vetanary clinic (24 hours) is near midlevels and its full of westerns and chinese vets that have been overseas to work.

Its Big and organised.

I trust them.

And they charge fare.

Davidklein 15 yrs ago
Ha ha mad dog, i would have to agree with your comment. Try wanchai animal clinic and chris and nicola.

I trust them too.

Shiprex 15 yrs ago
NPV is great.

In my experience, they charge around about 15%-40% less than many vets in town, it depends on the kind of service your pet needs.

Everyone really took their time to examine my dogs carefully and they didn't hurry me to leave so they could get through more "customers". When the NPV vet spotted a non-life threatening fluid based lump on my dog's back, he volunteered to take the fluid out without a charge (although it was only like a 5mins job). My dog had this lump for years, but other vets just told me to leave it or pay an operation fee to sort it out.

http://www.npv.org.hk/en/content.asp

mad dog 15 yrs ago
Just checking before I blab on.

Any body hear of a bad story of npv in the last 2 months?

Clue- somthing to do with a Corgi?

Aparently its very hush hush

mad dog 15 yrs ago
O I guess nobody knows.

ok

Women takes corgi to NPV for Micro chip.

Corgi is from a good breed line , both parents of the corgi are champions.

Women picks corgi up later that day after work.

Corgi had been desexed and no micro chip.

whoops!!!

liv0007 15 yrs ago
I use the SPCA vets at the Wan Chai clinic, they are really good and reasonable (for Hong Kong). I usually ask for Michael or Tony, both are English I think.

Hope this helps!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad