Lost King Charles Spaniel Mix in Shatin

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by namaste 15 yrs ago
Our dog ran off today near Prince of Wales Hospital. She's super cute and friendly, brown & white, small. Her name is Lucy and she's four years old. If you have any ideas of how to best locate her, please help us.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
namaste 15 yrs ago
Could someone please post to a local Chinese site for me? So far, we have notified the SPCA and posted a listing on their lost and found site, notified and updated the AFCD, posted flyers around the area, walked around with photos asking people if they've seen her (a reliable person spotted her walking towards City One). Any help is appreciated. This is devastating to my children, particularly my 15 year old son who lives for his dog. Thank you in advance for any help.

djswazi 15 yrs ago
hi a friend of mine lost a dog there to.

we searched for 4 days.

we handed out 3000 flyers and had 20 people searching for the dog day and night speaking to people and handing out flyers.

the dog was found by somebody that saw the flyers and phoned in on the fith day.

the daog was found at the shatin market. they lost here at the hotel , royal park hotel, so it quite a distance from the hotel to market, i suggest you get out on foot an look for it.

theres lots of food smell at the market so if the dogs hungry it going there.

good luck

namaste 15 yrs ago
That's good to hear. We are handing out flyers today and posting signs all around. She's so small and cute that I'm mostly afraid someone will just take her and want to keep her. I can't imagine her walking about for so many days....I'm glad the torrential rain has stopped for the time being...thank you for your words and we'll keep trying.

djswazi 15 yrs ago
any luck yet!

I realy hope so.

namaste 15 yrs ago
No luck yet - she's all over the Chinese websites now. If someone has her and they wanted to locate me, I'm sure they could. Keep your fingers crossed.

djswazi 15 yrs ago
I know I have seen the adds aswell even on face book.

Note the best places to put up a few signs is around the market, theres alot of people and gran ma's around there and they walk around every where, behind that market is a little open area and a foot bridge with a grass area next to the highway, theres alot of people that walk there dogs back there, especialy at night, approach them and ask, I know myself I know every one in my area that has a dog and ill spot a new dog in my area real fast, I know all the dogs and so do they.

Dog people know Dog people.

Also try alot of appartment security guys, its like drawing blood from a stone with them, but they might have spotted the dog with a some body in there building or know people that have the same dog type.

We hit shatin realy hard with a army of people on rented bikes.

4 days of hard walking and talking to people, posting flyers.

Ah one more thing, near the market there's a bike rental shop on the side, not the one buy the river, near the market, by the bank i think, theres a young well tanned teenager there , he works there all day on the week end and he helped alot in getting the word out to all the young kids and his that hang around in the parks at night, little bmx gangs, doing tricks in the park, you put a reward on that dog and tell him, they will look realy hard and aproach people if they see that type of dog, 3000hk is a months work to those young students.

any way good luck and keep at it,

namaste 15 yrs ago
Thanks for your words of encouragement. I'll go post the signs up there near the market and I know the exact bike shop you're talking about. I could approach those BMXers one night as well and get them onto it. I'm glad you've seen the ads out there. I was really surprised when I typed in Google, Lost Dog Lucy Shatin and so much came up! That's a plus. We'll keep trying.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad