anyone know about PETS passports?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by isabelle 14 yrs ago
Does anyone know about PETS PASSPORTS? How do my dogs get the passport? If they get a passport, do they still have to be quarantined?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Susie1 14 yrs ago
My dog has a pets passport, but it was issued in UK, our home country, I think they can also be issued in Europe, to qualify for it, he had to have a series of anti-rbies injections and a blood test at the end of the course, then could travel to countries where it is accepted and rabies free.

I think if you already live in Hong KOng, then it is best to speak to your Vet, and ask them if hK issue a similar type of passport. Your dog or cat(for cat owners), would have to have the prescribed course of rabies injections, and all the other canine illness injections, a blood test at the end of course, this takes months, then once all this has been done boosters must be given regularly to remain immune.

Some countries still have rabies, so if you visit there with your pet, they would have to go into quarantine if you travelled elsewhere, hope this helps, I love my pets so much I would not go to any country where they would have to be quaranteened.

isabelle 14 yrs ago
Thanks! Yes, i live in HK, i got my dogs here, and i plan to take them back to UK. I don't want my dogs to be quarantined.

Susie1 14 yrs ago
I suppose if you see your Vet asap, then start the course of Vaccs, blood tests and have the certificates, that may well suffice as equivalent of UK pets passport, at least if they have this all up to date and boosted if necessary, then they are ready to travel any time to UK as long as you don't take them to any other country in the meantime. Cara is well experienced in helping with moving pets when you are ready.

Roogirl 14 yrs ago
You can take dogs from HK to the UK under the Defra Pet Travel Scheme, without them being quarantined (as long as they meet the rabies vaccination requirements etc)

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/index.htm

isabelle 14 yrs ago
thanks for your posts everyone!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad