SPCA PUPPY TRAINING

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by fliedice 13 yrs ago
I am planning on sending my 4 month puppy to the SPCA in Sai Kung for some puppy training classes, has anyone sent their dogs to them for the same? Or would it it better to have him trained elsewhere? Any comments?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Lawrence24 13 yrs ago
Well the first issue here is you dont send your dog off for training.

You take your dog and toghether you learn what is expected of both of you. There is not some magical wand that is flapped at said retriver and he becomes a robotrone at your bidding.

If you you dont have the time to go with him to lessons you certainly dont have the time to own a lovey creature like a retiriever. OKeye

So your question is realy who would like to adopt a lovely retriever as I have no time at all to be a responsible loving owner.

fliedice 13 yrs ago
sorry lawrence i dont understand what you are rying to say.

All I wanted was advise on where is a good place to for a dog to get training, so please DO NOT advise regarding what I should be doing.

and WHAT retriver, and whos's retriver are you talking about?

hkxxxpat 13 yrs ago
fliedice: puppy training is human and puppy training, mainly human. So you both go off to training. SPCA is good, recommend it highly. Think you have to wait till puppyy is 5 months old, but call and ask. Hope that helps.

Devon 13 yrs ago
Lawrence is correct, but he didn't need to be so...er...harsh. I also interpreted your thread as if you are wanting to send your dog away for training. Sending dogs away to be trained doesn't work. If you want your pup to respond to you then it's imperative you attend classes. The classes teach you how to teach your dogs things like sit, stay etc. Sending dogs or pups away for training also doesn't work because the environment is different from the environment the pup is used to so the behaviour can change.

fliedice 13 yrs ago
thks , my puppy is 5 months and we have enrolled for the SPCA training course. really need to learn how to do the basic commands with him esp the biting and the chewing on any and every thing.. should be fun.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad