where to buy hamsters

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by texpat 13 yrs ago
i am new to the area and have seen many pet supplies stores, but not many pet stores. i want to get a couple hamsters for our family, but i'm not sure where to go. i live central and am relatively comfortable getting around central, wanchai, and happy valley. anybody have recommendations for pet stores in these areas?

TIA,

-lori

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Susie1 13 yrs ago
Try the hk spca web site, they often have hamsters for rehoming, two hamsters kept together though will either fight--if males, or breed if mixed. Lovely pets, but have a short life span,we had many when the children were young. Good luck.

texpat 13 yrs ago
thank you for the info about the fighting and especially the recommendation for adopting...checking out the SPCA page now.

Lawrence24 13 yrs ago
If no luck just head to Mongkok fish market (petfish) Tung Choi Street, Prince Edward MTR, they have many hampsters etc for sale. Dont be affraid you need to cross the harbour metro or txi jump off at Prince Edward and ask your way, about three mintes to Tung Choi Street. Many hamster in lovely colours.

debbyamias 13 yrs ago
there is a pet shop for small pets; birds, hamsters, rabbits etc in wanchai on Tai Wong Street East, its just off queens road east.... but we are moving soon and have a rabbit and hamster available, let me know if interested... thanks

texpat 13 yrs ago
we actually went to the spca to look around and ended up adopting a cat. we are thrilled with him and while we would also love to have other small pets, the reality is that our space is small and our cat is very curious/investigative...ours would not be a good environment for a hamster/mouse/rabbit.

scottc 13 yrs ago
There's a large pet store on the 1/F above the main square in aberdeen that has hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc.. and all the supplies required.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad