Keeping Dry Food Fresh/Dry

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by cheeky 13 yrs ago
As we're heading into humid weather please advise how you keep your dry food fresh/dry!

We order a large bag of dry food for 2 large dogs which lasts about 2 months. I've managed to find the largest 'lock' box with handle for a smaller bag/portion for every day, but what to do with the larger bag to keep it fresh, free from humidity, bugs etc?

In Singapore (without getting into a debate) they would rebag the contents into smaller sealed packs which worked really well.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Lawrence24 13 yrs ago
Yes this is certainly a problem in humid HK summers. No one wants to feed ther dogs feed that had gone and become covered in fungi , somtimes you cnnot even see it.

Im just going to tell you what we do about this. Firstly like you we have large air tight bins that take exactly half a bag of golden wolf bisson or whatever the stuff is is called.

The other half we leave in the bag and duck tape it sealed, it works fine.

We got the air tight bins from some cheap emporium in Aplechau.

The trick is to keep the bins spotlessly clean and the cups. No refill untill it has been completely detergant washed inside and out and dried with freshly washed rags. Then fill them and promptly shut.

Food stays nice and dry and fresh, though after the week if it t smells pongy I chuck clean and refill. Not often, I can say but smell it as it come out the bag thats how it should always smell.

Happy fido

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad