Rhodesian Ridgeback

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Ed 15 yrs ago
See lower section of this page for help http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/directory/

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
You can find "the rules" on import on the AFCD website

http://www.afcd.gov.hk/English/quarantine/qua_ie/qua_ie_ipab/qua_ie_ipab_idc/qua_ie_ipab_idc.html

You can use a pet export company in the UK which should make things go smoothly and be more straightforward. If you can't find one to work with, the companies in HK who export pets should be able to put you in touch with someone. I've heard good things about Angela at Aeropets, and Mark of wish you were here is lovely.

mad dog 15 yrs ago
you wont have to take QUARENTINE, but will have to a micro chip again , its not the same as the UK version.

But get there to the office where the dogs are as soon as you can , cause its a open warehouse and it gets hot there, trust me i know been there done that.

and take some water with you cause they forget to give them water when they land. forget is a nice word!

there are plenty of places to take your dog depends on where you are liven here in hk.

And there are plenty of ridge backs in HK even a small club.

Leese 15 yrs ago
Hi KTHK79 & all!

Just wondering if your Ridgebacks have arrived yet & how they are getting on here.

I have a 4 year old male Ridgy here been living in HK for 2.5 years. I have met 3 others all in the Sai King area where I live. Brought him with me from Singapore but originally from Sydney OZ. No probs with quarrantine for us. He did have to get rabies shots done.

We do a lot of treks through the Sai Kung (Pak Tam Chung) country park. Not really huge spaces for him to run but some nice pathed areas & also some off the beaten track walks too. And some great streams for cooling off. They can be off the lead there. Also take him down to the boardwalk at Sai Kung & on the beach. As we live in Sai Kung we tend to hang around this area a bit more & have found a nice walk to the beach taking a taxi to Wong Shek Pier & a ferry ride to some of the islands. But it would be great to hear about any other places you've encountered.

Would be good to hear back from you & maybe catch up one day & let the ridgies get together for a play. Mad dog can you please tell me about the small club for Ridgebacks. Interested to know about it. Thanks.

Cheers

Leese

Leese 15 yrs ago
Hi KTHK79,

Well that is sad news they are not coming here but i'm sure it's something you have pondered over profusely & feel like you've made the best decision in your current circumstances. Where I live in Sai Kung there are many village houses that have great outside areas for dogs & that's the only reason why we live in this area. We picked our place of abode to suit our dog more than us really. Even so it's a great place to live we have learn't & happy with our decision. If you do change your mind in the future in bringing them here please don't hesitate to contact me about anything you would like to know.

Take care,

Leese

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad