Foods that Kill Dogs

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Anonymous 15 yrs ago
My friend fed her dog some leftover stew that had onions in it and the dog became terribly ill but recovered after medical treatment.

Apparently some types of foods such as onions are toxic to dogs. I was not aware of this

Which other foods are harmful to dogs?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Sg Ed 15 yrs ago
Chocolate is another

sfiona 15 yrs ago
Grapes is toxic to dogs too.

Connee 15 yrs ago
Years ago we grew acres of table grapes and our dog helped himself to them and never got sick. Maybe wine grapes are toxic and table grapes aren't??

adele78 15 yrs ago
my tiny dog loves grapes (and all fruit) so I can personally quash that one!

adele78 15 yrs ago
aaah. perhaps they're not toxic but an obstruction risk if they just swallow them whole and don't chew?

Ed 15 yrs ago
Interesting - any idea what it is in these various foods that kills dogs?

Connee 15 yrs ago
Chocolate, coffee, tea, cola etc contain caffeine which has an ingredient called theobromine. Dogs can't metabolise the chemical as humans are able to and it remains in the dog's system so if veterinary intervention doesn't occur ASAP, the dog dies.

OzyOS 15 yrs ago
Sultanas are a huge no no! Apparently they will cause renal failure and other nasties..keep them well away from your pooch ;)

blue iris 15 yrs ago
I had heard onions and garlic were poisonous to dogs, but both of mine have finished off stir-fries occasionally with no problems at all. I read about it AFTER the event, by the way!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad