Corgi

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by homely 15 yrs ago
Comment: You can only buy corgi in the shop......right or wrong?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
You can buy something in the shop that they tell you is a corgi but don't waste your money.

Adopt don't shop.

We have a dog from a rescue home, she was abandoned by a lady who bought her in a pet shop and she was sold as a sheltie. But I did a DNA test on her and she's actually part corgi.

I don't mind - I adopted her because she is a lovely dog and for no other reason.

But I'm sharing this with you because I don't want you to waste your money on a Hong Kong fake from the pet shop, when you could save a life and get a Hong Kong original from the shelter.

(I guess some people are wondering why I did the DNA test... well that's an interesting story... I may tell you one day if you follow my advice on where to get your dog!)

Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
I'm interested to know why it has to be a corgi? If you haven't owned a corgi before, and you are making the choice based on looks, please do some more research.

Many of the abandoned dogs in HK were bought by their owners because they looked cute and they then ended up on the street when the owner realised they had a real live creature with very real needs they couldn't (or couldn't be bothered to) met.

If you want a dog, discuss your needs with a shelter - they will help you make the right choice. You may decide to get one of the lovely mixed breed dogs in need of a home - or the right choice may turn out to be not to get a dog at this time.

homely 15 yrs ago
Hi Pumpkin Girl & missmomo,

Thanks for your replies. The reason why I posted this is because I want to show my daughter what has been said about pet shops.

She has bought herself 2 corgis in the past 7 years (first one $8,000 and the 2nd one $6,000 and they are doing fine. Lately, she wanted to buy a 3rd one to mix in in case one of her existing two die so I was thinking why buy when there may be an available corgi somewhere wanting a caring home.

Well, I've pass on the message to her. Hope she understands my intention.

homely 15 yrs ago
How wonderful...after reading through this, my daughter has approached HK Dog Rescue and asked about 'Buttons'! Hope everything goes smoothly and thanks again for all the informations. They were a great help in influencing my daughter on this subject which I have no knowledge of.

homely 15 yrs ago
Thanks habibihabibi - will pass this message to my daughter.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad