Cat sitting club

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by buffiethecat 12 yrs ago
Does anyone have a problem with finding someone to look after your cat when you need to go abroad?

As a cat owner, I'm interested in forming a club where owners like myself voluntarily help to look after each others cats while we're away from Hong Kong.

General rules:

1) Cat lovers only

2) We take turns to look after each others cat at our homes when we need to go abroad.

3) The owner will be responsible for providing food, litter and litter tray, neccesities for your own cat.

4) The owner will be responsible for taking their cat to and from the carer's home.

5) The carer will be responsible for feeding, cleaning the litter, administer any medicine required etc.

6) Free of charge.

7) No abandoning of your own cat!

Anyone intereseted? Please share your thoughts with me.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
waterloo 12 yrs ago
Hi,

I'm a cat owner and this sounds like an interesting idea.

I sometimes travel and on occasions it can be difficult to find some to look after Lucy..as cat's don't seem very popular with people in HK :(

I suppose the issue I have is really about trusting Lucy with someone you don't know, but I suppose if the person who's looking after it has a cat then it should be ok.

I assume we'd meet that person a few times before we get to that stage.

I'm interested in joining, so what's the plans do you intend to have a meeting somewhere or just for people to register themselves here first?

Walter

buffiethecat 12 yrs ago
Hi Walter

Once we gather a few people I was thinking of arranging a meeting to discuss the details n get to know each other. Also, we could share our experiences on the litter, dry food n any other issues.

I am open to suggestion. When we have a few more people, perhaps I get in touch with you. PM me your email address if you don't mind.

Nana1 12 yrs ago
Hey,

I saw this post and was wondering if the "club" is still active? I'm willing to join in and find a suitable place for my cat when we go on holiday etc.

Thanks

milliekwan 9 yrs ago
This post is 4 years old. Did you guys form a cat sitting club? How can I join? This is a great idea!!!

mooncakebaby 8 yrs ago
Millie, I might well be interested. Can you tell me which district you live in? I am really busy and couldnt go much out of the Mid levels area.

mijameow 8 yrs ago
Hi,
Not sure if this is still going on, but sounds like a brilliant idea!

We are a couple with a cat located in HK Island.
We will be out of town for 2 weeks next month, and we would let her stay at another home we can trust rather than a cat hotel. Of course, we would look after yours when ever you are away in return.
Anybody interested? plz pm me. =^.^=

milliekwan 8 yrs ago
I live in Wan Chai area and I adopted a street cat last year. I put my cat with my best-friend when I went on vacation last April and found out it's the worst idea. She was not eating much, upset and super scared. And if you move them to another place with a new cat, they may just go nuts. I personally think it's best to keep cats where they are while we go on vacations. They are the masters of the house anyway.

Next week we will go on vacation for 1 week and we have 2 friends willingly to come over to feed my cat, clean the litter box, etc. We will try this and see how it goes.

If we are to organize this cat-sitting club, we have to consider having people we don't quite know to come into our house and cat-sit.

Please reply any comments or concerns.

mooncakebaby 8 yrs ago
I agree very much with that...its best to have someone come in. I actually already have someone come to feed and clean. But my cat is lonely. Her sister died last year and she almost died of grief. I would like to have someone just keep her company and watch Tv a bit...even a couple of times!
Lets see how it goes.

farshidhss 8 yrs ago
Count me in as well. I would appreciate. I live in Sai Kung.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad