Would you Hire Me?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by asianfangirl 15 yrs ago
Hi,

I am currently in Canada doing research about the pet industry in Hong Kong. I love to live in an Asian city and since I have a friend in hk why not there.

I was interested in starting a business there and was curious as to how many people would be interested in it.

What my business would be is an In home pet sitter. What this would entail would be me coming to your home on a routinely basis to walk your pet, let him/her out for a bathroom break, feed, clean up any messes that he/she may have made, play with, exercise, socialize, groom if requested (I have grooming experience), clip nails ... ect.

I haven't worked out prices yet. Not sure whether it will be a per hour or per day time thing ... this is all still in the works. Like I said just doing some research at the moment.

So what do you think? any suggestions questions?

Thanks for any help you can give

Erin

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 15 yrs ago
Unless you are originally from HK and have the right to work I think you will find it impossible to get a work visa for this. Also, I think most of the people who could afford to pay for such a service in HK have domestic helpers so I am not so sure if this would be a viable business.

asianfangirl 15 yrs ago
Oh :( ... Thanks

lcantley 15 yrs ago
There is at least one boarding kennel who offers this service. It is based in NT and quoted me about HK$250 per day to come to Mid Levels and sit with my dog at my home for 1-2hrs. I didn't take them up on this offer as it's cheaper to board my dog at SPCA, where she is from and is a place she's familiar with anyway. I think if someone did pay for that service, it would be worthwhile if they had a few dogs at home. However, someone who has a few dogs probably has a helper. So you're back to square one. I think a better business would be a well priced boarding facility that's not far sooo from central and that takes dogs for several walks each day. Most of the central ones are petshops that cage dogs and may walk them only once a day. I wouldn't leave my dog somewhere like that, especially not in a cage!

asianfangirl 15 yrs ago
Ohhh ok I was not aware of the domestic helper thing. I haven't really looked in to HK living I originally came on this site looking for info about dog groomers since I am one and I would love to move to HK but i need a career what will sustaine a way of life.

djswazi 15 yrs ago
They already have pet sitter here, look around other forums in hong kong and you can find them, theres even a expat that does it.

shannon246818 15 yrs ago
I would looooove that! My dog needs a nail trimming so badly but I dont know of any places here that can do it. :(

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad