Professional Dog Minder Tai Hang

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Henrysmc 13 yrs ago
Looking for a good dog minder for my two dogs, due to arrive April. Need minding and some domestic duties 4 hrs / day (Mon - Fri or Sat) and ocassionally overnight (maybe 3-4times / mth). Will pay well.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Susie1 13 yrs ago
My best advice would be to employ a foreign domestic helper, he/she would have to live in, it is required, but will be there to look after the domestic duties and dogs, make sure they like and can handle dogs at interveiw stage-perhaps have your dogs present, dogs know who really likes them!

You just need to pay the minimum wage, plus food allowance, helper insurance, and statutory air fares,best to read and know the rules for employing FDH's, then you are always one step ahead of them, and as long as you are firm but fair, you shouldn't have a lot of trouble. Always remember you are their boss, and not their best friend, start at the minimum wage with a reveiw after a few months, you do not need to 'up the wage' at that stage, but can if their performance is outstanding.

it would also be good advice to read potential problems you can get with helpers, in the advice section of this forum, these problems do occur in a small minority of the thousands of helpers in HK, some helpers are 'streetwise' and crafty, and learn tricks from other helpers who get away with it.

Henrysmc 13 yrs ago
Thanks Susie, thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately I am time poor and my place is not really big enough for FT helper. Do you have any recommendations for PT (Part time) helpers... is there an agency I can go through. Best regards, Siobhan

Susie1 13 yrs ago
There is a part time agency Merry maids, on the left hand column of this forum, they do part time maids, but they would not necessarily be flexible enough to do the occasional over night, and also they would probably not combine the dog care you need. Plus you would find they are quite expensive for the number of hours you need, compared to a full time live in helper.

You do not need a very big space for a helper to live in.

Using an FDH, who is contracted to someone else, and offering to do part-time for you is illegal, big fines!!, so if you consider the part-time route, it must be from an agency, or from a HK permanent resident.

You do

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad