Pet Passport HK / UK

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by capital 15 yrs ago
Hi, we are actually based in Macau and would like to get a dog. I understand that Macau and the UK (where we are from, but not returning to anytime soon, I hope!) do not have a Pet Passport agreement.

Would it be best to get a dog from HK to get a better chance of using the PP agreement in the future, as we will definitely want to take it with us wherever we go, or just get a dog in Macau?

Any info would be gratefully received, Thanks X

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
If your dog is going to live with you in Macao it doesn't really matter whether it originally came from Hong Kong or Macao, it's the last point of exit that is relevant, which for you is going to be Macao. From the info I have you can take a dog straight from HK to Macao but the other way round there is 4 months quarantine. And from Macao to UK it's 6 months.

If you have no immediate plans to go back to UK, please find yourself a lovely mixed breed rescue dog to be part of your family. The pet relocations companies such as International Pet above will be able to help you with relocation when the time comes.

You can avoid UK quarantine by using homestays in countries that have less strict rules. For example I've heard of people who use homestays in France for their dogs - they have to stay there for 6 months but at least they are in a home environment rather than quarantine.

capital 15 yrs ago
Thank you for all your advice x

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad