Cat Litter

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by SweetSue 15 yrs ago
What are your recommendations on the type of cat litter to use? We have used many types soya/wheat organic flushable types are expensive and with two cats one needs to flush the toilet three or four times which is not kosher with respect to water, clumping types can be a mess, one type states it can last a week without cleaning which is absolute rubbish, and we are now finding that Tidy Cat Multiple cat is working okay and keeps odors at bay with regular daily cleanings.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
mastermagic 15 yrs ago
I have 4 cats. I actually mix two different types of japanese ones. I don't know what they are called as they are in japanese.

One is long and one is like a panadol pill but smaller in diameter.

I did not like tidy cat. The urine stays at the bottom and would really smell especially if you have male cats.

I do prefer the clumping. I tried one which was made of recycle paper - ok but not that great, the one made of corn was very good but it would stick to their paws and you would see it all over the house.

The mix that I used has the best effect so far in terms of clumping and the cats bringing the litter out everywhere.

I tried those ball like ones but that cats thought they were toys and were swiping at them when they brought them out of the litter tray and they would be everywhere again as they would roll.

So, I suggest you try mixing some to get a better effect. If you do not like clumping too much, maybe try a little clumping as a base layer followed by tidy cat on top.

mad dog 15 yrs ago
find the pine chips at the pet shops realy work well with smell and the smell off pine is great, I find it realy good

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad