is it a crazy idea to try to raise a puppy with an infant?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by LaBob 15 yrs ago
hi all,

we are expecting our first baby in a few month time and planning to move to a bigger house. It's always been the dream of us to have a dog in the house. But should we wait until the kid is a bit older before we should consider getting a dog? has anybody raised a puppy while their kid is very small? how is it like?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
djswazi 15 yrs ago
Little baby, little baby pup, bring them up at the same time , they will learn to love each other and grow up together and bond really well.

SOOO cute

Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
There's never a right or wrong time to have a baby, and there's never a right or wrong time to get a dog. Just follow your instincts. If you decide it's the right thing, it will be. If you're not sure, don't push it.

Applepup 15 yrs ago
Puppies and babies both take a lot if time! Definitely wait until after you have had your baby - you will be exhausted! The baby and pup will still bond really well when the baby is older, and you all will enjoy it a lot more.

havalina 15 yrs ago
I know a lot of people who have given their puppy away after the baby was born because they felt they didn't have time. Wait till your baby is old enough to enjoy the new pet as well

curios 15 yrs ago
LaBob - how did you go? I'm considering getting a dog before baby.. I think its entirely how you raise the dog.. having come from OZ I always grew up with animals and I loved having a dog around - it relaxes the mind, body and soul.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad