Missing Dog

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Riceman 15 yrs ago
The Agricultural, Fisheries and Conservation Department are very quick to let owners know that their lost pets have been found whether if it's by phone or letter when a pet is micro chipped. Make sure your address details are up to date!

Good luck.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Riceman 15 yrs ago
that is both a good and scary thing. good as in someone has at least seen your dog and believe they know who took it and scary in the sense that why would someone load your dog into their van?

don't waste any time and go straight to the builders and ask politely if they had taken your dog because a neighbour had seen a worker loading it into their van? see how this goes and then if that person doesn't admit it then speak to the next person and soforth until you have asked all the builders who have worked on the property (or you can ask the foreman to speak to all his workers). then only if you get nowhere bring the police into it and also tell them you will be doing this because a neighbour was witness to this.

if they are forthcoming with information and turns out they did take your dog, then give them a small reward like $500 for afternoon tea. it probaby turns out that they took your dog because they thought it was lost and are just keeping it at their construction site.

let us kow how you get on and good luck!

Riceman 15 yrs ago
I'm sorry to hear that your endevours have not come to any fruition in the return of Ci. Put it down to greed that someone wants to keep your dog that would have otherwise cost them a couple of thousand dollars.

The neighbour who witnessed the workers loading your dog into their truck, is that person able to give a statement to the police? At least this will get them to open an investigation into your missing dog and they can start asking the contractor or his workers questions?

I'll call the AFCD tomorrow during office hours to see if they have by chance found Ci and for some reason failed to notify you.

Riceman 15 yrs ago
For people not familiar with Ng Fai Tin area off Wing Lung Road where the dog went missing, it's just a little outside Hang Hau, Tseung Kwan O

Y&B 15 yrs ago
I'm so sorry your dog hasn't turned up yet.

I have two girl Goldies - 10 years old now and I can't even begin to imagine how I would feel if one of mine were to go missing.

I truly hope she is returned to you safe & well soon.

Please keep us all posted with any updates or clues in order that someone just might be able to help get her back where she belongs.

Amparo Kia 15 yrs ago
Hi, What is that, have you find Ci? I am thinking posting your problem and Ci's photos on the chinese discussion website to help, if it is alright with you. Let me know.

Amparo Kia 15 yrs ago
Hi, what is that, I have posted your missing dog to the HK local dog forum. hope somebody may have some leads.

Amparo Kia 15 yrs ago
Hi, what is that, is Ci a he or a she. We have found 2 stray GR (one male and one female) the female is located at Fo Tan (April 24) and the male is at Tai Po (April 14).

Lovefordogs 15 yrs ago
If you don't mind i am going to post the pics on my facebook page in the hope that it will be forwarded on... i too had the same experience as u, it was only 5 days that he was taken until we 'found' him but still heartbreaking. I hate to say it but we got ours back with money bribes..

good luck :)

Amparo Kia 15 yrs ago
Hi, What is that, have you found Ci???

Clearwater 15 yrs ago
Not sure why I can't access my old user name but just to let everyone know we got Ci back tonight. We got a call last night from someone that had her for about a month and saw one of our posters in Sai Kung when he was there earlier this week. She was apparenrtly with them for about a month and has obviously been well looked after. Other than a bite mark on her nose she is in good condition and has certainly been gettting her dinners!

Thanks to everyone on here who has been helping out, you helped keep our spirits and hopes up and I am so happy to say there is a happy ending!

Y&B 15 yrs ago
Fab news!

That's so good to hear.

Thanks for letting us know the happy outcome.

Clearwater 15 yrs ago
Hi Everyone, great news we have Ci back home at last.

Thanks for all your support.

spaceren 15 yrs ago
Am I understanding this right, someone finds a micro chipped dog and keeps it, without even seeking how to find the owner?! (I assume the dog had no collar with a name tag, hopefully this is corrected immediately.)

Was the only thought that it was a dumped animal? If the finder thought otherwise surely a quick call to a vet or a board like this or a call to a dog owner would confirm that there is by law supposed to be a chip, and therefore the family can be found? Did you ask? Any way to prevent a repeat of this for others would be great to know.

And can I ask (no need to answer), but were you required to pay a large "reward"? Something doesn't make sense to me. While obviously having Ci home must be fantastic, for the community it would be good to know if dognappers are operating and profiting. (And yes I would pay, so not making any moral judgment)

If not dognappers, while it is wonderful that someone looked after the dog for a month, but we wouldn't feel the same if it was a child or even a car. How to fix this issue (education?) while encouraging good samaritans to care for lost animals but to locate the family as a priority!?

thundercatchergo 15 yrs ago
What I understand is the the dog's owner's information from the micro chip is only kept with the AFCD and is not accessible to the public. So if makes it rather difficult to trace the owner if the dog does not have a tag.

spaceren 15 yrs ago
That's what I understood, so the authorities should be involved immediately (vet, SPCA, AFCD), because they can take steps to locate the owner.... of course a tag allows immediate contact with owners, so is the responsible thing to have.

neversaynever 15 yrs ago
oh im so happy that you've found your dog..! I can't imagine if i lost mine i would cry my guts out.

Congrats!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad