Happy Valley

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Kat101 14 yrs ago
Can anyone tell me about Happy Valley dog park? I know it shuts at 6pm, but what time does it open in the mornings? Is it enclosed so that dogs cant get out? Are there dogs of all sizes there?

Also, any other places in Happy Valley that people take their dogs?

Thank you very much for any advice you can give me.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
joe317 14 yrs ago
i don't recall the opening hour in the morning, i went there few times, there's a gate in front of the park, and you can close it when you walk in but not guarantee other people will do the same thing, the park is big and your dog can run freely there, there's a water tap and you can give water for your dog to drink, most of the dogs there are large sizes ones, i noticed that have gathering on every Sun around 3 pm, other than the dog park, some people will take a walk with their dogs along the horse racing court, Happy Valley is a nice place to live especially if you have dogs, most of the people there keep dogs and are very friendly, i have one english cocker spaniel and five poodles

Kat101 14 yrs ago
Thank you so much. When you say along the horse racing court do you mean on the pavement by the road or is there a track?

Thanks again!!

joe317 14 yrs ago
oh i mean the pavement by the road

cleeson 11 yrs ago
Where is the Happy Valley dog park? And is there a place to walk dogs inside the race course? or is just around the outside on the pavement?

joe317 11 yrs ago
The Happy Valley is just at the back of the Happy Valley Police Station, dogs are not allowed to go inside the race course, you can only walk outside on the pavement, after a walk, you can also have meal with your dog at either Jockey or Classified

Ferdinandofbulgaria 11 yrs ago
The dog park is not enclosed. I do let my dog off the lead towards the top of it and that seems safe enough, but in theory a dog could escape through a small hole in the fence into the cemetery (mine has done this on a cat mission!) and escape onto the road both at the top and bottom of the park. It's a nice spot but it is a park that allows dogs rather than a dog park as in Sheung Wan, so you can't totally relax with your dog off the lead as a. ) it can get out if it wants and b.) other non dog loving people might be in there. In reality it seems to be pretty much only dog owners who use it and they seem a friendly bunch. Agree that HV is a nice place to have a dog (no one has yet leapt into the road in fright as they did in Sai Ying Pun- bonus!!). Not sure when the park opens either but it closes at 6 until April from when it closes at 7pm. The walk around the race course (road side unfortunately) takes about 40 minutes so is a reasonable circuit and the pavement is not too crowded. There are plenty of useful dog toilets around it too.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad