tug toys

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by r+trainer 11 yrs ago
Does anyone know where to buy a really tough tug toy in HK? I've not seen one that would last more than 5 minutes with my German Shepherd mix, and most seem to be designed for small dogs. I have a rope one but he's not getting a good grip on it, so looking for something padded that he can really bite down on and that will not fall apart.

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
ssha16 11 yrs ago
our golden goes through toys like nobody's business too. she is pretty good with the rope toys though.

toys that have not fallen apart in seconds include:

- ropy toys

- hard toys that aren't really meant for tugging but good for chewing (like the nylabone toys)

- this toy i got on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Kyjen-Plush-Puppies-Squeaker-Squeakers/dp/B001WAFT80/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1357704733&sr=1-2&keywords=alligator) - i got the dog one and it has held up extremely well

- the soft plush toy dog from ikea that is meant for children

- towels (cheap and good as anything else)

- the air kong squeaker that is a tennis ball on a rope (she chewed off the fuzz off the ball very quickly, but the rubber underneath was intact for quite a while)

thing is - i found with the storebought "softer" chew toys, they are stuffed too much so they just get punctured and then ripped to shreds easily, but the soft plush toys have more give so it's harder to be punctured and there is a lot more flexibility.

good luck

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad