Extended vacation

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Messenger2014 10 yrs ago
Hi, just wondering what the majority of you do with your pets, particularly cats when taking an extended vacation. I'm not keen on boarding as the kennels are SO small and I'm used the UK standard. The thought of my two cats being kept in a small cage for four weeks fills me with dread. I'm obviously planning to keep them in their own home so will be getting a pet sitter. Have any of you experience of doing this for a period of up to a month and how did your cats fare? I would have someone come in twice a day. We currently don't have a full time helper but I may go down that route as I'm already fretting about leaving them.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Hugie 10 yrs ago
Hi, when are you going away? I ask because I have a friend coming to HK. She is mid 60's and retired. She is a HK PR, I was wondering if she could house sit and look after your cats! Just a thought!

Messenger2014 10 yrs ago
Hi, thanks for your offer, however, we live in a situation that one of the conditions of tenancy is that visitors can not stay in our absence. We would have to request specific permission. When is your friend over and for how long?

cavesarah 10 yrs ago
Hi when r u planning on being away. I am a nanny but I have had cats as pets before and could do a pet sit depending on your dates. Thanks Sarah

furrenzpetsitters 10 yrs ago
Hi, our recommendation for cats is definitely not to put them in kennel. Most cats do much better in their own home. With such a long period away, it is important to have a sitter that you can totally trust 100%. Definitely meet them in person, and get to know about their experience. The sitter should also be coming in everyday, to ensure your pets are in good shape, and also provide you with regular updates. Please also pet proof your house, and ensure the sitter does that, so that door don't get accidentally closed locking your pets in a room, etc.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad