Holistic Vets in Hong Kong?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by anita13999 15 yrs ago
Does anyone know of any good holistic vets in Hong Kong that uses TCM, western herbs, homeopathy etc?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
maverick 15 yrs ago
Is there such a thing as a good holistic vet. Isn't a good vet one that can treat a pet successfully? Acting as a snake-oil salesman and charging for medicine/therapy that has no proof that it works is conning people. Bodies naturally heal themselves but selling sugar pills and water and then charging for it is nothing but daylight robbery. In the human field, the people that seem to be always attracted to these alternative medicines are middle-aged middle-classed women - must be in their genes!

Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
Try Dr Susi who works with the SPCA - you can make an appointment with her via the SPCA HQ in Wanchai - call 2802 0501. She works part time out of the HK and Kowloon SPCA centers and you may find there is a long waiting list.

anita13999 15 yrs ago
thank you i will try Dr Susie!

Bear 14 yrs ago
Drs Angela Wing and Grace Li in Tin Hau 2104 2338 practice integrated vet medicine. I've gone there for about five years and they're good, though sometimes it's hard to get an appointment. For those who question 'alternative' practices that are not 'proven' to work, I suggest you apply the same principles to conventional western allopathic care (whether for humans or other animals). If you do, you'll see that a very low percentage of what is considered standard practice has actually been proven to do more good than harm. Pharmaceutical companies spend more than twice the amount each year on advertising than on research, do you think your or your animal's health is in their interest? Do your homework (try looking up 'clinical epidemiology') and educate yourself before you make comments belittling others for looking for something broader than 'conventional' (and actually holistic vets are conventionally trained so can offer allopathic treatments where they are the best option).

drayay 9 yrs ago
angela yung from yung citic family

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad