Hong Kong’s Top Site for Executives | Hong Kong’s Leading Property Site | Hong Kong’s Best Classifieds
Hong Kong
Please select your city
Sunday, 10/26/2014

DH salary

POSTED BY hkmama1 (7 yrs ago)

When is a DH entitled to start receiving extra pay ie. the bonus or retirement upon leaving. i mean mine has been with me 4 years almost and we are debating whether to renew contract for third time. i heard i need to pay more salary or is it they then start to earn retirement money....?

she has indicated that she will likely go home - mum's orders but i still would like to ask her.


#1 POSTED BY dagregado (7 yrs ago)

she is entitled to long service pay after 5 years with the same employer

#2 POSTED BY hkmama1 (7 yrs ago)

lol meant long service but couldn't think of the word. she has mentioned to me that u may only renew her contract with me for one year. so if she worked for me for just 5 years then went home do i owe her long service? thanks

#3 POSTED BY dagregado (7 yrs ago)

As long as she has served 5 years continuously, she is already entitled to long service pay, regardless if its 5 years exact or more....whether she is terminated or finished contract.

#4 POSTED BY sydexpat (7 yrs ago)

As your current helper has worked for you for almost 4 years, you will most likely be liable to pay her severance pay, in any event.

#5 POSTED BY hkmama1 (7 yrs ago)

is that right? never heard of that sydexpat.

#6 POSTED BY sydexpat (7 yrs ago)

"An employer should pay severance pay to the helper if she:
(a) is dismissed or the fixed term contract is not being renewed by reason of redundancy; and
(b) has not less than 2 years of service with the same employer immediately prior to termination."

Back to main category

You must be logged in to be able to reply. Login now.