helper insurance

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by flyhigh 13 yrs ago
hi everyone

getting a helper for the first time.. interested in finding who is the best company to get domestic helper insurance from? hsbc would be the easiest, but i am sure they are not the best or most cost effective..

thanks!!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
spurtio 13 yrs ago
When I looked at various options a while back HSBC seemed very reasonable in comparison to others (including MSIG). In the end I found out that I could add a helper insurance onto the Household policy I already had from MSIG, which then worked out cheaper than HSBC.

Never had to call on it yet, but I know that if I don't have it I will!!

BTW changing over helper details (if you change helper) is no problem.

flyhigh 13 yrs ago
thanks spurtio,

fingers crossed you dont need it.. will check msig out

axptguy38 13 yrs ago
HSBC is fine but a bit basic. We currently have AXA and while we pay a bit more the health insurance is far better.

flyhigh 13 yrs ago
hi axptguy38

thanks for the reply.. how is the AXA one better.. i noticed with the hsbc one it only covers hk150 for a doctor consultation AND medication...

axptguy38 13 yrs ago
Well, there are several levels of health insurance for one. And you deffo get more than HK$150. If your helper becomes gravely ill you want something that covers her real medical costs.

barnabe3 13 yrs ago
I have a domestic helper insurance with Groupama Gan Insurance I am very satisfied with.

Good value for money and I get refund of my helper's medical fees very easily.

Check out their website or their contact email address is marketing@groupama.com.hk

flyhigh 13 yrs ago
thanks axptguy38 and barnabe3. we found a helper that looks pretty good so fingers crossed...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad