Question about diff between hiring a finished contract and terminated helper

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by bbyleung 13 yrs ago
Because of tight timing, I'm hiring a terminated contract helper currently in HK and want to know how do the process, timing and agency charges differ? I was under the impression that both fall under the "local hire" category, based on Internet research, but my agency tells me (only when we were about to pay) that terminated is considered "direct" which they charge me $1xxx more.

The same agency also refused to refund the Philippines medical cost that we no longer need because we had already paid to have the girl get one done in HK. They said it was part of the bundle and we can choose to waive it but they would not refund.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
HKM3 13 yrs ago
If timing is an issue you should be looking at a "finished contract" helper versus a "terminated contract" one. The terminated one will need to leave HK for processing and this could take up to 8 weeks (though generally less). In effect terminated is similar as direct in the sense that they will both be coming from out of HK and therefore you are responsible for the airfare - perhaps that is the source of the additional fee?

Since she will be home for a while, and you already are paying for the Philippines medical, make sure the medical shows she's not pregnant prior to her departure.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad