Can a Domestic helper get back to hongkong after being deprted?

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by rizvi cena 13 yrs ago
Can i hire a domestic helper who was previously deported from hongkong? The person has no other offences,, she worked in hongkong 4 years and got terminated, then she tried to enter macau and she was refused from macau and bought back to hongkong, then she was deported from hongkong to her place of origin,,, Now can i hire her back as my domestic helper?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hkwatcher 13 yrs ago
In my experience once the record of deportation is entered into the Immigration records this person will NEVER be allowed to enter under a work visa again.

The deportation is for overstaying a visa or for jail time due to breaking HK law.

Hugie 13 yrs ago
Did she overstay? I was told the other day there is a difference between deported and removed. The latter, can return.......that was from a mate of mine. Not official.

All the best!

Susie1 13 yrs ago
There are plenty more helpers without this problem looking for work, why not start processing one of them instead.

rizvi cena 13 yrs ago
NO she was not an overstay, she worked in hongkong for 4 years, then she got terminated and she went to macau as a visitor. Then from macau they did not allow her in because she did not have a visa to macau and they bought her back to hongkong because she went to macau from hongkong.

And hongkong immigration did not allow her into hongkong because it was the last day of her hongkong visa and they sent her back to her place of origin by her expenses. Now that she has a new visa already in her hand under my name and she is fearing to come back because she is afraid they might turn her back again even though she already has a domestic helper visa. So my question is will she face another deportation when she arrive to hongkong or will she be able to enter hongkong because she already has a working visa ??????????

souffleQueen 13 yrs ago
I think she'll be fine. They would not grant her a work visa otherwise. Unless, she's silly enough to comes back under a different name.

hkwatcher 13 yrs ago
rizvi

your DH was NOT deported, she was refused entry, there is a huge difference. She will be fine with your visa chopped into her passport. It is all legally binding and IMD has agreed or she would not have been given the visa in the first place.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad