hiring direct from the phillipines

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by moira.uk 13 yrs ago
jsut getting my head around the process for hiring a full time helper. On the strength of a recmomendation Im considering hiring someone direct from the phillipines. would like to know if we need to involve an agency to do this? I can think of a number of dissadvantages doing it this way, such as lack of face to face contact before but wondered if anyone could share their experiences to help me consider the pros and cons over hiring through an agency. many thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Makki 13 yrs ago
Hi yeah you still need to go through agency here even you direct hire them from Philippines.

If you know someone that knows somebody in the Philippines that already have passport it will

Only take a month to bring her over.

moira.uk 13 yrs ago
Thanks makki

On this occasion we have decided not to go ahead and hire the person recommended but now we know a bit more about direct hiring.

Cheers

Moira

hkwatcher 13 yrs ago
Makki,

I am fascinated by your comment that you can get a legal visa in one month if you"know somebody who knows somebödy"!

Here is what I know, it takes one week to get a contract chopped through the HK Phill consulate. I takes 4-6 weeks to get processed by HK Immigration. That equals a minimum of 5 weeks even if the HK Imm gave you a visa in 4 weeks! Are you saying that HK IMD is corrupt and will process faster for somebody who knows somebody? I would believe this about the Phill govt. but hard to believe about the HK govt. About 85% of the processing to hire a DH in HK is done by the HK Immigration and not the Phil govt.

Can you explain please this statement?

GemmaW 13 yrs ago
Hi Cara, I'm with hkwatcher. I think it takes a lot longer than a month to bring a helper over from the Phillipines, even with a passport.

punter 13 yrs ago
It took us less than 3 months to hire from the Philippines. There are physical exams and trainings necessary to be done by the prospective helper. If you miss one document or did something wrong with some documents, processing goes longer! Don't really understand how it's done. We just hired an agency that charged us 3k+ (that includes the helper's plane ticket mnl-hkg) plus that new insurance in the Philippines for the helper, I thought a little over 1k.

The agency handled everything, reviewed the documents, told us to redo the mistakes, etc. I thought the service was worth it. No hassles at all. (Well, if you consider going to their office 2-3 times a hassle, then there's hassle).

Makki 13 yrs ago
Cara thanks for explaining g it to hkwatcher.

Nothing illegal on what I said.

hkwatcher 13 yrs ago
Makki,

I understand what you mean now.

For sure, not illeagal, but not realistic either since hiring thorugh Phil. will always take about 8 weeks at least to get someone here.

No harm, no foul... :)

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad