Helper / Driver

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by LAH 13 yrs ago
Have just signed a second helper and currently processing the application. He has experience in being a driving in other countries and in the futre it would be nice to have the option of having him drive the children to school. I have had a driver in the past and do know all the rules and regs regarding drivers. My question is regarding the sponsorship of my new helper to obtain his HK license once he is in my employment. I have heard of people doing this but not quite sure of the process - any tips? thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
axptguy38 12 yrs ago
First he needs a HK license. If you are extremely lucky his current national license can be converted. Otherwise he needs to do the course and test. There are several driving schools by the Transport Department in United Centre in Admiralty. Should cost 5000-8000 all in.

Once he has his license, you need the contract addendum for "Foreign Domestic Helper with Driving Duties" from Immigration. That needs to be filled in, submitted and approved. Without the addendum, he may not drive you within the context of his job at all.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad