Termination of contract

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by poppydog 12 yrs ago
I have just recently terminated my new helpers contract.She was lazy and had no tolerance with my children.She would spend way too much time in her room doing nothing until it got too much and we terminated her contract.

when i went through her room there was unironed laundry stuffed away in her room.

i feel i have been totally duped by this woman..she came as a reccomendation from someone who it turns out had never even met her!!

she is insisting that i pay her 1 months money in lieu of notice also?

do i have grounds for termination without notice as she clearly has had no intention in carrying out her duties her duties in the first place and has eventually worked only a very lazy 1 month and getting paid for 2 months!!!

she also took a day off without asking or telling me which was a general holiday 27th Dec.

please advise.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Philly Cheese 12 yrs ago
Pay her, get her out of your house and chalk it up to lesson learned.

GemmaW 12 yrs ago
Agree, I'm afraid you have no choice but to pay her.

poppydog 12 yrs ago
as much as i hate to say it ..i think you are right...Galling though!!!!

punter 12 yrs ago
If she's still in your home and asked her to stay until the end of the notice you've given, then she's still going to "work" for that notice period. But if you've thrown her out already then you need to pay.

poppydog 12 yrs ago
i couldnt have her stay ..as has been said bad hire nothing more than that..you win some and you lose some!!!

punter 12 yrs ago
One month salary is not too much. Take your lump and move on.

poppydog 12 yrs ago
i dont pay minimum wage FYG so its enough...+ the month she earnt doing nothing =2 months for nothing thanks very much... but yes take the medicine.

annoying thing being she was reccomended by a western woman at my dughters school ..who then recently told me she had never met here but had just seen her aout the block and seemd OK!!! Some people !!!!

axptguy38 12 yrs ago
"annoying thing being she was reccomended by a western woman at my dughters school ..who then recently told me she had never met here but had just seen her aout the block and seemd OK!!! Some people !!!!"

How irritating! I would never recommend someone I don't know. I might pass on a contact but I would be very clear in that case I don't know the person from Adam.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad