Bringing helper's kids here for a holiday...

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by AlexandraK 12 yrs ago
Does anyone have experience doing this?

I've been trying to ring HK Immigration all week but they never answer their phone - there's not even the option of holding or leaving a message to be rung back, it's just "We're too busy at the moment." Right...

We'd like to bring our helper's four daughters here for their school holiday this year, and have them stay in our house for 4-5 weeks (their whole break). They're aged about 8, 10, 12 and 14.

I think there's usually a two-week limit on people holding Philippines passports to stay in HK? Does anyone know how to do this? Write a letter to Immigration?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
axptguy38 12 yrs ago
We have done this with our helper's kid. You don't need to write a letter to immigration. However you should write a letter stating that the children will be living with you for xy period of time so that it can be shown to immigration officials when she or other parant enters the country with them.

AlexandraK 12 yrs ago
So as far as you know there's not a two-week limit on them staying here? That's my concern...

AlexandraK 12 yrs ago
I see. Thanks for the advice, guys. This isn't intended to happen until the start of April, so there's plenty of time to organise everything, I hope! At the moment our helper's kids are applying for their passports. In the meantime I'll try to sort it out with HK Imm. My helper will ultimately be going to Phils and returning with them. Hopefully it will be a smooth process...!

mariajohnson 12 yrs ago
AlexandraK, you better give your helper a letter to show it to the Philippines Immigration officer as they are more strict than HK. a letter stating that they're gonna stay in your house and that you are fully supporting them while they're in you house, specially they are below 18 years old.i remember when i took my kids in HK they questioned us a lot likw how many money we've got ect. so to satisfy the imm.officer just give your helper a supporting letter, it makes it easier for them to leave the country.

Sapphire 12 yrs ago
And don't forget to make sure that they have some kind of travel/medical insurance ... you wouldn't want to be lumbered with medical bills should one of them be unfortunate enough to fall ill/have an accident ....

AlexandraK 12 yrs ago
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I guess I'll have to go in to Imm tomorrow - still no luck on the phones today. What the hell!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad