Hiring part-time helper for the 1st time

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by NJJerrard 11 yrs ago
Hi, I recently moved to HK and would like to hire a part-time helper (1/2 once a week) to clean my flat with no other duties. Does anyone have any general advice or pitfalls to watch out for? I would be very greatful for the help!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Cluck 11 yrs ago
Only that to hire a foreign domestic helper (fdh) is illegal unless they are permanent residents or have a dependent visa.

Lots of people do it of course but should either person get caught there are big implications particularly for the helper.

You can use the labour dept to source part time help buy it can be difficult with language barrier if you don't speak Cantonese.

dasia 10 yrs ago
A bit late in the date to answer the OP's question about part time help but this may be of interest to others.

I have had a 'legal' part time helper for over 6 years but am now leaving Hong Kong so she is now looking to fill the hours she worked for me each week.

She is a local Chinese woman who reads, writes and speaks good English.

If anyone is interested in speaking to her re part time work message me and I will give you more information.

peevee77 10 yrs ago
Dasia,

Can you please provide her details?

Peds 10 yrs ago
in relation to illegal part time work? are there any instances they are caught? more so where can these illegal practices be reported?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad