AIR TICKET, WHICH DATE?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by 24 10 yrs ago
My helper terminated her contract and her last day with us is this FRIDAY, APRIL 4th.

I am buying the one-way, return ticket. Should the date on the ticket be two weeks from April 4th, which means it will be Friday, April 18th?

Or can it be any day within the two weeks following her last day?

I prefer to get a fixed-date ticket and not just give the cash for a ticket.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 10 yrs ago
Why not ask your helper what date she prefers?

24 10 yrs ago
Because, the truth is, we are not happy with her as she did not treat the kids well. I want to make sure that I do what is legally correct when I get the air ticket and am checking whether the date of the air ticket could be any date within the two weeks after her last day or should it be exactly two weeks after the last day? If anyone can help on this, would be great. I've been holding on the PH Consulate line for ages!

punter 10 yrs ago
Based on your contract, the only requirement is to provide transportation/ticket to her place of origin. The date is not specified. However, it should be self explanatory that because she has to leave HK before her visa expires, you need to book a flight before the expiration.

I'm not sure if she can raise trouble if you give her a non-rebookable ticket before/after the date she wants to leave HK.

I would suggest that even though you don't have good relations, that you ask her which date she wants it to be. You may be saving yourself some more trouble (not really sure).

24 10 yrs ago
Thanks so much. Good suggestions and tips.

asiaXdreamy 10 yrs ago
Not a mandatory rule for booking the ticket at the last day (14th day) of the period.

The employer needs only to book ANY date prior to the 14th day. Also, cost is also the consideration.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad