Taking helper on family holiday

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Suju 10 yrs ago
We are taking our helper back to Australia with us for 3 weeks and currently pay her way over the minimum wage and which includes food allowance ($8500). I understand that it can be more expensive buying food in Australia so have said we would give her A$70 a week to buy her groceries. I will also supply her an Australian SIM card etc. She has then asked what pocket money we will be giving her while she is in Australia. I thought I was bring overly generous and she is there to work and assist looking after my 7 month old while I am there.

Is she just taking complete advantage of us?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cookie09 10 yrs ago
she is

LMJAAZ 10 yrs ago
Pocket money for what? She's on duty 24-7 and she wants pocket money to spend on her own? Food allowance is $8,500 per month or that is the all in number?

BTW the woman is taking advantage of your generosity. I hope you are getting an A + job from here at least.

BTW SIM card should be used for work purposes only and she may use it on her day off but should not deplete the card requiting a premature recharge.

You need to run a tight ship.

punter 10 yrs ago
Just tell her she's still paid her HK salary, so there's no need to have an allowance. She was asking, I take that as she's not demanding?

asiaXdreamy 10 yrs ago
Are you serious ? or is she serious?

Not a joke?

pkw888 10 yrs ago
Hands down, the best story yet! There is unquestionably a joke in this story ... asiadreamy ... the real question is whom the joke is meant for (ha, ha)?!?!

NuinHK 10 yrs ago
I guess she thinks she's on a business trip and should be entitled to a per diem. BTW, we may spend a family holiday in Australia and would like to bring along our helpers. Technically does Australian law allow foreign workers to be working for pay without a proper visa?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad