Professional cleaning service

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Bumblebzz 18 yrs ago
With a baby on the way, I'd like a little help taking care of the bigger cleaning jobs around my house.

After reading so many negative stories on this board about amahs I really don't want to deal with that.

I'm thinking of using a part time professional cleaning service to clean my home twice a wk.

I've never use a prof. service before, and would like to get some feedback from those of you who have.

Did you feel they did a very thorough job of cleaning your home? Was it worth the money?

Any other info would be very much appreciated. Thks :)

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Burgundy 18 yrs ago
These people are good. http://www.goclean.com.hk/EN/en.htm

The hardest part is communicating with the telephonist (even if you speak Cantonese!).

mcjack 18 yrs ago
Hi Bumblebzz,

I was in exactly the same situation as you - just had first baby and needed some domestic help. We've been using sparkle maids (their link is on the left of this page) and they are fantastic. The maid comes twice a week for 4 hours and does a wonderful job. You can request the same maid each time and you can buy vouchers for several visits which works out slightly cheaper than paying each time. I really recommend them!

Burgundy 18 yrs ago
mcjack,

Are they local or Filipina?

Bumblebzz 18 yrs ago
thks mcjack!

Is there any particular sparkle maid you would personaly recommend?

mcjack 18 yrs ago
Both the maids we've had are local. We had 'Nora' the first time and she was so great we asked if we could have her every time. One time she wasn't able to come we had 'Fun' instead. They were both great which makes me think that sparkle maids train them really well. We still have Nora twice a week - I can't fault her.

Bumblebzz 18 yrs ago
Does Nora (& the others at Sparkle maids)speak English?

mcjack 18 yrs ago
Nora has very very basic English. She can communicate enough to understand exactly what you want her to do. Before she came, sparkle maids emailed us and asked us to list our priorities which they then explained to the maid so she arrived knowing what we wanted anyway. Fun had the same level of English.

Bumblebzz 18 yrs ago
Thks for all the info mcjack. If they're as good as you say, then i'll definately give them a call.

winterthur 18 yrs ago
I used the service of Sparkle Maids and Merry Maids. Both companies were a big disappointment. They did a very bad job. I would not recommend them at all.

mrsl 18 yrs ago
Have to agree with winterthur. Have used 3 differrent people at one of the agencies and was totally undewhelmed. Could have just been unlucky, have not had either Nora or Fun.

Bumblebzz 18 yrs ago
No matter (for me anyway)...neither service is willing to come out to Sai Kung. :(

Still have'nt found any professional cleaning help.

axptguy38 12 yrs ago
"After reading so many negative stories on this board about amahs I really don't want to deal with that."

Comments on this site really aren't representative of helpers in general. Sure, there are many terrible helpers and if you read this board you will hear almost only about them. No way that is the reality. There are many many fantastic helpers and even more that are fair to good. No one tends to brag about their wonderful helper here!

I recommend you to revisit the helper option. Like many of our friends, we would be lost without our wonderful, wonderful helper. Yes, it is more work to hire a good one than to get a cleaner, but once you have found the right one, your life is never the same.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad