PayPal HK illegally freezing account & holding money

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by mahakgtr34 13 yrs ago
I've been selling some items on ebay recently and receive payments via PayPal (HK account).

As of yesterday PayPal froze my account, holding all my money on it. The reason being that I am apparently selling some high priced items (I was selling my own used Leica M7 and some other DSLR (used lenses)).

Now they're asking me to provide proof of purchase, I need to submit my invoices to them to proof the items I sold are not stolen! I think this is a complete outrage, especially since I already got positive feedback for some of the items which the buyer already received.

I've heard lots of horror stories about PayPal freezing accounts for no valid reason.

What can I do, other than providing my invoices... they request invoices are not older than 6 months. However I was selling my used items, they're older than 2 years, for some I don't even have invoices as I bought them long ago second hand.

I don't have a lot of money to pay for some high caliber law firm to represent myself, what can I do against this?

I find it disgusting how they abuse their power and I'm sure this is against some kind of law. Any good advice would be highly appreciated.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
June11atcentral 13 yrs ago
Unfortunately, the internet is full of credit card fraudsters and illegal deals.

Maybe for low price items not so relevant, but for high priced items the PayPal system is high risk for the sellers, especially when shipping overseas.

I skipped several "super deals" because of that risk for sellers.

Just make a copy of your receipts and send the original to PayPal...it will take time.

Good luck and cheers,

mahakgtr34 13 yrs ago
Called them two days ago... the woman was basically saying that I agreed to their terms and they don't give a damn.

I didn't break any rules, they're just being asses. Submitted all the documents although they have no right to ask for such but what else am I going to do... hate them.

Had to call again as there was no reaction although I did all they ask, only now they get in gear and maybe if I'm lucky my account is back tonight.

Wouldn't use PayPal in the first place, but everyone is using it and not that many comparable and good alternatives. We're all doomed.

nkcheung 8 yrs ago
You may call 25293921 or email to nkcheung@paypal.com before setup a paypal account

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
and what would you do ? nkcheung ?

nkcheung 8 yrs ago
scorpio01, I am a Business Consultant in Paypal HK. If you open account thru me, i can assist you to apply for the high volume transaction. So, you can decrease the chance of holding paypal account. Anyone can call 25293921 or email to nkcheung@paypal.com before setting up a paypal account.

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
I am sure would be royally fucked when PayPal blocks your account after receiving a few payments and chimpanzees from Philippines or Malaysia asks for company registration, ID cards, sales invoice, purchase invoice, proof of ownership etc etc etc,

I have seen it all, not to mention the hold over of money and unable to even refund because paypal is holding the money.

nkcheung 8 yrs ago
I am pretty sure 99% of paypal accounts with legal business and provide enough and appropriate information when required will not have any problems. I totally agree with jloshk. Furthermore, paypal is like an online financial institution, so some procedures must need to proceed if we would like to protect paypal account owners.

nkcheung 8 yrs ago
Sorry guys, I received too many calls and email (+852 2529 3921 / nkcheung@paypal.com) , I will try my best to reply to you asap. Thanks!

OffThePeak 8 yrs ago
Provide what you have, and explain the rest

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad