Service apartment advice

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Furrowed Brow 14 yrs ago
Does anyone know of a good service apartment company to deal with? I am not a big earner so my budget is very low, only 6,500-8,000 HKD a month - half of the service flats out there cost more than my actual salary.

I am a bit stressed out so far because I contacted some firms well before I arrived in HK and I was due to see some flats today. One company cancelled my appointment today because they rented out to someone else. I can't believe it - I was in close contact for over a week just to make sure that this was still on!

If I had known what a nightmare this was going to be I would have pushed back my starting date on the job for a few months. Now I am due to start working on Weds and I have NO place to live. I can't afford hotels! Any advice would be appreciate as I need to sort something out fast...

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 14 yrs ago
I think we have almost every serviced apartment listed here - tough to find serviced accommodation at that budget Hong Kong serviced apartment directory
Here's a useful neighbourhood guide for serviced apartments in Hong Kong.

You might consider a share flat while staying in Hong Kong. 

associates 14 yrs ago
If you suspect there is a breach by a licensed estate agent of the requirements set out in the Estate Agents Ordinance (EAO) or their Code of Ethics, you may lodge your complaint to Estate Agents Authority, either in writing, by telephone (Tel : 2111 2777), by email or in person. More information can be located at the Authority’s website  

Weir & Associates

Solicitors & Notaries

16th Floor Tak Shing House

Theatre Lane

20 Des Voeux Road Central

Central

Hong Kong

Tel : 2526-1767

Fax : 2868-3568

Loyd Grossman is Miss Venezuela 14 yrs ago
You can rent nice flats in YOHO Town in Yuen Long for that price. Go to the Sun Yuen Long Centre and speak to any of the agencies there (Midland, Centaline or Ricacorp). There's a swimming pool and excellent management. You'll have to factor in monthly travel expenses (at least HK$20 to Central by bus #968) and the environment may not be what you're used. However, if you're starting out you'll probably get the best bang for your buck there.

Loyd Grossman is Miss Venezuela 14 yrs ago
NB the above are flats and not serviced apartments. You'd usually have to rent for at least a year I'm afraid. Also, try you get your HK ID card at Immigration sorted before you rent. It's not a necessity but it makes things easier.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad