Maintenance of air conditioners under tenancy

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Amer 8 yrs ago
Anybody can help? Been told by the landlord that the air conditioners have to be maintained and repaired by the tenant under tenancy. The air cons have been installed by the landlord, tenancy is fifteen years old. Thank you.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
scorpio01 8 yrs ago
all depends on the contract you made, so what is the issue here?

Amer 8 yrs ago
Because the air con is not functioning and the technician says it is due to lack of maintenance. He recommends annual washing and cleaning of air conditioners and the landlord wants me to pay for it.

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
washing and cleaning should be less than 800 HKD, a good condition 2nd hand AC can be 500-1500 HKD,

i think not much money worth fighting with the landlord, in the end, it depends on your contract,

in my office contract mentions clearly that landlord won't provide any maintenance, except structural, and that's how it works for me, in return rent is lower for me.

Amer 8 yrs ago
Thank you. In my case, the rent is exorbitantly high, hence, my insistence for him to pay for the maintenance. And it is not that, I ask him, every year! Only when the problem occurs, which is like, once every 2-3 years or so. One reason being, the air conditioners are old.

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
rents are coming down on high-end apartments, consider shifting elsewhere if landlord is unreasonable.,

or if your contract mentions maintainance and landlord is not honoring it then get AC replaced and send bill to landlord, simple.

Amer 8 yrs ago
Thank you for your help. Let's see what he says tomorrow.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad