The Zenith in Wanchai

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by thommo 17 yrs ago
Are there any opinions on the Zenith in Wanchai? Looks quite nice and seems that there is not much new apartments with clubhouse in Wanchai. Any ideas on the expected rent and when it will be ready to move in?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
AussieExpat 17 yrs ago
Also in the market for an apartment and have not looked inside the Zenith(not on the market yet) but have some info from real estate agents. The Zenith is a new apt complex on Queens Rd East should be able to move in early July. Selling point is that it the only apartment complex close to Wanchai MTR with full clubhouse facilities like pool, spa, sauna etc. Downside is that the shortest route to Wanchai MTR is through a wet market - though there are plans to move the wet market to a new location indoors.

Sarsky 17 yrs ago
Hi Thommo, The flats in Zenith are up for rent already. The owners started getting the keys 2 weks ago. The club facilities (which are v extensive..pool, gym, dance studio, bbq, library, massage room etc etc) will be usable in August. The wet market will be moved to under the Zenith building in the purpose biult area. The street market aroundthe Zenith is to be cleared. Again space has been allocated for street vendor stalls inside the ground floor of the Zenith.

What Aussie Expat says is correct about the quickest route to the MTR is through the market but not the wet market. it's about 100-200 metres alomg Wanchai Road then you are on Johnston Road right by trams, buses MTR etc. Or alternatively you will be able to walk along Queens Road to Pacific Place 3 where there will be a new MTR exit for the Wanchai station. Other upsides to the Zenith are that all apartments have a small balcony....a real rarity in HK. Although small, its big enough for a couple of chairs and a coffee table for a morning coffee perhaps.

Add to the equation the new (i think!) entertainment development being built opp the Hopewell Centre as well as the great supermarket, coffee shops accessible buses etc on Queens Road itself, then it's quite an up and coming area.

Safarina 17 yrs ago
I am looking for an apartment in Zenith to rent.

Any idea how much I should be paying?

Sarsky 17 yrs ago
I beleive the going rate is 20-22k for 626 sq foot sized places. it's comparable with properties on star street.

HappyHongKongers 17 yrs ago
Zenith is a great place I bought a 650 sq ft apt for investment, so may be take my opinion with a pinch of salt but I see that the whole Wanchai area is being redeveloped. Wanchai itself is probably the most convenient place in HK, it's between causway bay and central with direct links to everwhere from Stanely to Shenzen. Beside convenience it's the east meets west vibrancy that makes Wanchai unique. You have the glitz and glamour of Star Street and then the not so glamous lockhart rd contrasting with the local wet markets and cheap eats. Anyway that' enough of a sales pitch if you are interested in renting a place and saving on agency fees drop me a PM.

thommo 17 yrs ago
Thanks for the advice. I checked out a few places in the Zenith. Plus is everything is brand new and the pool's a nice size but the downside is the area is still developing. The real estate agent said the whole Wanchai area would be redeveloped with fancy (pricey) restaurants and cafes. The market would be moved indoors and there was even talk of making it an organic produce market. The real estate kept comparing it with Star st a year or two back. She also made a comparison to CentreStage to point out what new buildings do to the area suggestin that the Zennith will also attract restaurants like the Pressroom.

I only checked out 2 bedroom places and those in tower 2 had a nice view but heard that the market will be demolished and a new building will start construction. Tower 3 is much quieter since there are major rd nearby and it's a few steps closer to the MTR.

I think the location and choice of apts is hard to beat with so many new places. I think I can settle on this but will check out a few more layouts.

I haven't seen any in block 1 yet. Does anyone know when they will be available?

SuperiorWI 15 yrs ago
How do you guys feel about the vendors losing their markets... what about their livelihood... I dont think that moving their market to the basement of the tower is going to help their business as they rely on the traffic from the street for their income and sales. What do you think?

mmmaggie 15 yrs ago
http://www.proway.com.hk/property/property_search_list.htm

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad