Mount Davis Road in Pokfulam?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by kimmy 16 yrs ago
What is it like living there? Greenery Gardens in particular... I heard the building has frequent maintenance issues...?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Cucaracha 16 yrs ago
Mount Davis Road is a very nice, quaint road in Pokfulam. I've walked it many times and therefore walked by Greenery Gardens often, but never been inside.

Although I actually like Mount Davis Road a lot, it does have a few issues. For one thing, you really must have a car. Although there is some public transportation, it is not enough to fully depend on. Of course you are only about a 10 minute walk from Pokfulam Road which provides buses to all over Hong Kong, but on a rainy day that would be an unpleasant walk.

Secondly, Greenery Gardens looks out towards the cemetery. That may not bother you, but I wouldn't want it for myself. I imagine Greenery Gardens consists mainly of foreigners since Hong Kong Chinese will not generally want to live there for that very reason.

adrianzoozoo 16 yrs ago
I'm an expat that's lived in Greenery Garden since it opened in 1989. The building has had no particular maintenant issues throughout that time, except that the management company have not kept the squash court in good order. At twenty years old now, it is likely to need the tiles replaced in the next few years.

As far as public transport goes, there are regular taxes outside and minibuses going past the door every five or ten minutes as well as the airport bus (A10) twice an hour (each way). The walk to Pokfulam Road is 500m so only takes a few minutes (ten minutes if you crawl very slowly).

The cemetary is great news, as the dead make no noise whatsoever and you know that your not going to lose your view to a new tower block in front of you, like you do so frequently in Mid Levels.

A

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad